Jobs at Skillogalee
Become part of the team! We are a team of friendly, dedicated professionals who are passionate about delivering high-quality food and creating memorable dining experiences for our guests.
As we continue to grow, we are always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Below, you will find the current employment opportunities at Skillogalee. If you have a great attitude, are a talented and experienced individual who is committed to providing excellent service, we encourage you to apply below.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Skillogalee.
While there are currently no open positions we are regularly recruiting for casual staff in the restaurant, cellar door and winery so please submit your resume below and we will contact you if a suitable role becomes available.
Skillogalee is a family-owned winery set amongst the wooded hills of the picturesque Clare Valley and is now under new management. Our cool climate vineyards, situated in the Skillogalee Valley were planted in 1970 and sit between 420 and 500 metres above sea level.
Skillogalee Estate is home to some 50 hectares of vineyards including white varietals: Riesling, Gewürztraminer and Chardonnay and red varietals Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Grenache and Muscat grapes. Dry grown, contour planted, hand pruned and largely hand picked.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic vineyard/winery hand to work with our small dedicated team and continue maintaining our vineyards and other wine related duties at a quality level. Working alongside Managers within our team, this role encompasses various vineyard practices and the ability to work with some exciting new operational equipment. It also includes assisting in the winery and with regenerative Eco Vineyards projects when needed. All with a constant focus on continual improvement and sustainable vineyard practices.
- Competency in vineyard operations and implement operation. Must be able to drive tractors and be able to maintain machinery.
- Motivated and the ability to understand (and take direction) the importance of correct vineyard procedures in ensuring wine quality.
- Ability to understand (and take direction) the importance of correct winery procedures in ensuring wine quality.
- Attention to detail, logical thought process and strong work ethic.
- Good communication skills.
- Willingness to work extended hours during peak periods.
- Car licence.
- Forklift licence.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys working within a team and is passionate about quality grape growing in the Clare Valley. Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
Please apply using the form below.
Overlooking vineyards, natural bushland and picturesque rolling hills, this award-winning historic restaurant, vineyard and winery is located in the picturesque Sevenhill subregion, in the heart of the Clare Valley wine region of South Australia.
Skillogalee Restaurant is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Chef de Partie to join our team. As a Chef de Partie, you will work closely with our Sous Chef and Head Chef to deliver top-quality menu items in a timely manner. You will also be responsible for maintaining high standards of food hygiene and ensuring the proper sanitation and cleanliness of all surfaces and storage containers.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counselling, motivating and coaching employees
- Control food stock and food cost in his/her section/kitchen
- Cook food and prepare top-quality menu items in a timely manner
- Ensure the quality of the food items
- Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist
- Test foods to ensure proper preparation and temperature
- Attend the training being conducted and implement in daily operations and improve the quality of food
- Work according to the menu specifications by the Head Chef
- Previous Hospitality and Catering industry experience working as a Chef de Partie in a High-end restaurant or 5 Star hotel
- Great teamwork skills and attention to detail
- A person who enjoys working in a lively, fast-paced environment, someone who lives their passion of cooking and food
- Able to take responsibility
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Be Customer Focus first
- This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 10kgs
- Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required
- One to five years of minimum previous experience required in a high volume kitchen or full-service hotel
Occupational Health & Safety:
- Responsible to ensure that work under your control is carried out in a safe manner, without risk to the health of employees, contractors, guests, customers and visitors
- You must provide leadership by participating in and supporting Occupational and Safety training exercises as directed by the General Manager
If you are a talented and experienced Chef de Partie who is passionate about delivering high-quality food and creating memorable dining experiences, we want to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter to us today!
Please apply using the form below.
Skillogalee, an award-winning historic restaurant, vineyard and winery located in the picturesque Sevenhill subregion in the heart of the Clare Valley wine region of South Australia, is seeking suitably experienced Full-time and Casual Food & Beverage Attendants to join its team.
We are looking for dedicated individuals who are committed to providing exceptional service to our guests and helping us exceed their expectations. The ideal candidates will have previous experience working in a busy restaurant environment and will be able to take food and beverage orders with efficiency and accuracy.
At Skillogalee, we offer excellent working conditions, including no night shifts. However, applicants must be available to work on weekends.
- Provide exceptional service to Skillogalee guests and help us exceed guest expectations
- Take food & beverage orders in a busy restaurant environment
- Be punctual and reliable
- Preferably have previous experience working in a restaurant
If you are passionate about the hospitality industry and are looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a beautiful location with a supportive team, we encourage you to apply today. Please submit your resume and cover letter to be considered for this role.